- Exercise- exercising stimulates your body and causes blood vessels to open and reduce your blood pressure.
- Weight loss- as your weight increases so does your blood pressure, so losing even a few extra pounds can decrease your blood pressure.
- Eat healthy- eating healthier can lower your risk for high blood pressure or help to decrease your blood pressure.
- Cut the salt- excess salt intake can lead to high blood pressure.
- Cut smoking and drinking- to much alcohol consumption can increase your blood pressure. And nicotine causes blood vessels to constrict and increase your blood pressure.
It is important to maintain a healthy blood pressure because hypertension can cause a lot of damage to your body. Including aneurysms, heart attack, stroke, dementia, kidney failure, nerve damage, bone loss, and many more!