How do you measure your waist circumference?
- Using a flexible tape measure, start at the top of your hip bone and bring it all the way around your body at the level of your belly button.
- Make sure it is not to tight and that its straight all the way around your body.
- Check the number on the tape measure right after you exhale.
- It is recommended to take the measurement at least 2 to 3 times to make sure it is consistent and accurate.
What is a healthy waist circumference?
- For men, 40 inches (101.6 cm) or less
- For women, 35 inches (88.9 cm) or less
If your waist circumference is higher than this, you might be at risk of some of the dieses mentioned previously. Some reasons for an unhealthy waist circumference include overeating, snacking between meals, consuming high calorie foods and beverages, and consuming processed foods. If you are having trouble getting your waist circumference down, you may want to seek the help of your doctor.
Start making the necessary changes in your lifestyle to get your waist circumference at a healthy level!