The 4th of July is quickly approaching, and with all the fun that surrounds this summer holiday, there are also safety pitfalls we should all take precautions to avoid, especially when it comes to our kids.
Did you know…
- Boys are two times more likely than girls to be injured by fireworks
- Sparklers can reach temperatures of 1200 degree and cause significant injury to kids, despite being considered “safe fireworks”
- 1 out of 4 fireworks-relate injury victims are children younger the age 15
- Sparklers, firecrackers, and bottle rockets are the types of fireworks that case the most injuries
- Children can still be injured by fireworks even without handling them; 1 in 4 fireworks-related injuries to children occurs to bystanders
Your best bet this Independence Day is to leave the fireworks to the professionals and enjoy a sanctioned fireworks show from a safe distance!
Here are some tips and tricks to enjoy this classic summer holiday without using fireworks:FireworksSafetyTips