What is Coronavirus Disease 2019?
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. It is a virus and spreads like the flu.
- The situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic is rapidly changing. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the following resources:
- Read Myths & Facts about COVID-19 from the CDC
COVID-19: Situation In Lake County & Ohio
- New vaccine appointment information here.
- Lake County General Health District COVID-19 Data Report, updated the first Friday each month.
- The most up-to-date COVID-19 information and case data in Lake County can be found at https://www.lcghd.org/2019-
- Click here for the most recent update from the Ohio Department of Health (ODH).
- Questions about the vaccine? Check out the COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet.
UPDATES FOR THOSE WHO ARE unVACCINATED
- Click here for CDC guidance related to safely participating in indoor and outdoor activities for folks who are unvaccinated.
- Nervous about the side effects you may experience after being vaccinated? Here is some information from the CDC about possible side effects and helpful tips for mitigating them.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding and not sure whether getting vaccinated is right for you? The CDC has guidance about COVID-19 vaccines while pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Safe and effective: the best way to stay safe from COVID-19 is to get vaccinated. Read more to learn about the safety of the available COVID-19 vaccines.
I’ve Received My Vaccine – Now What?
The CDC is providing updated guidance for folks who have been fully vaccinated (two doses of Moderna or Pfizer vaccines, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine). To learn more about what’s changed, what hasn’t changed, and more, check out these updates from the CDC.
Motivate Lake County is encouraging everyone who receives a COVID-19 vaccine to enroll in V-safe. This is a smartphone tool you can use to tell CDC if you have any side effects after vaccination. If you report serious side effects, someone from CDC will call to follow up. Find out more about v-safe here: