What is Coronavirus Disease 2019?
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. It is a virus and spreads like the flu.
- The situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic is rapidly changing. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the following resources:
COVID-19: Situation In Lake County & Ohio
- Situation in Lake County:
- Total cases reported in Lake County to date*: 971
- Total COVID-19 deaths reported in Lake County to date: 31
- Presumed Recovered**: 583
- Current Alert Level: 2 -ORANGE (As of 7/23)
- Situation in Ohio:
- Total cases reported in Ohio to date*: 87,893
- Total COVID-19 deaths reported in Ohio to date*: 3,442
- Presumed Recovered**: 62,695
- *Please note these numbers reflect those reported by ODH at or around 2:00 p.m. daily, and actual numbers may vary. Please see the time stamp at the top of this page for when the page was last updated, as this may account for any discrepancies. As of 4/10/2020 these numbers include both laboratory confirmed and probable cases under the expanded CDC case definition.
- **Presumed recovery is defined as cases >21 days since symptom onset who are not deceased.
- The most up-to-date number of cases in Ohio and counties with confirmed cases are available at Ohio Department of Health (ODH).