Creating a safe environment for your Customers and Patrons
There are many things you can do to create a safe environment for the customers and patrons of your businesses during the outbreak of the coronavirus.
- Be sure all employees are washing their hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially those handling money or food.
- Make sure employees know to avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Encourage employees to cover their coughs and sneezes with a tissue and immediately dispose of the tissue afterward. Provide boxes of tissues and waste baskets around the workplace to make it easy for employees to do this. Also stress the importance of washing your hands with soap and water after sneezing or coughing.
- Actively encourage employees to stay home from work if they are sick. Be sure to provide enough flexibility in sick leave policies for your employees to be able to do this.
- Provide hand sanitizer stations throughout your workplace, so that employees and customers can sanitize their hands often. Be sure it is an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Be sure to thoroughly clean all frequently touched surfaces. This may include cash registers, door knobs, light switches, equipment, computers, desks, faucet handles, phones, countertops, workstations, remote controls, etc.
- In the instance that an employees begins showing symptoms of coronavirus during work, create a secure room for them to go until they are able to go home to prevent the spread to other employees and customers.
- Consider canceling any large group meetings or events to prevent the spread of coronavirus.