- Jul 13 2022
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- We Thrive Together
Cooking with Heidi
Join Heidi and learn to cook something new each week. The recipe for this week can be found below. Please RSVP through our website at www.WeThriveTogether.org, by email at alyssa@WeThriveTogether.org, or by phone at Toll Free: 1-866-584-5640.
Mixed Berry Tiramisu:
- 1 1/2cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cartons (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packages (7 ounces) crisp ladyfinger cookies
- Additional fresh berries, optional
- Place berries in a large bowl. Mix 1/4 cup sugar, orange zest and orange juice; toss gently with berries. Refrigerate, covered, 45 minutes.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form. In another bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar. Fold in whipped cream, a third at a time.
- Drain berries over a shallow bowl, reserving juices. Dip ladyfingers in reserved juices, allowing excess to drip off; arrange in a single layer on bottom of a 13×9-in. dish. Layer with half the berries and half the mascarpone mixture; repeat layers, starting with ladyfingers.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight. If desired, top with additional berries before serving.