- Apr 13 2023
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- We Thrive Together
Cooking with Heidi
Join Heidi for a cooking class and follow along with her to learn how to make something new each week. You can find this recipe for this week below. Please RSVP through our website at www.WeThriveTogether.org, by email at alyssa@WeThriveTogether.org, or by phone at Toll Free: 1-866-584-5640.
Cheesy Ham and Noddle Casserole:
- 1 (12 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen vegetable (peas, broccoli, or mushrooms work well with this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the egg noodles and cook to al dente (according to the package instructions).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter and swirl to coat the pan. Once melted, add in the garlic and saute for about 1 minute (or until aromatic).
- Sprinkle the flour over the melted butter and stir, creating a roux. Add the milk and chicken broth to a large liquid measuring cup, then mix to combine. Slowly pour the milk and chicken broth mixture into the roux, while whisking constantly. Continue whisking until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Whisk in the dried parsley, onion powder, and black pepper. Mix in the sour cream and 1 cup of the shredded cheese mix. Let it simmer for 4 minutes, while continuing to whisk (or until the cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened a bit).
- Add in the cooked egg noodles, vegetable and diced ham. Gently mix until the sauce evenly coats the noodles.
- Pour the ham and noodles into the prepared casserole dish, and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes (or until the cheese has melted and the edges are just starting to turn golden brown).
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving