- May 11 2023
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- We Thrive Together
Cooking with Heidi
Join us for Cooking with Heidi and learn to cook a new meal every week. You can find the recipe for this week down below! Please RSVP through our website at www.WeThriveTogether.org, by email at alyssa@WeThriveTogether.org, or by phone at Toll Free: 1-866-584-5640.
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 9-ounce packages cheese or spinach ravioli
2 tbsp. salted butter
1 onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. broccoli florets
8 oz. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 c. white wine
2/3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 c. frozen peas, thawed
3/4 c. diced ham
1/2 c. prepared pesto
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook as the label directs.
- 2Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli and cook 1 minute. Stir in the asparagus and cook 1 minute. Season with salt.
- 3Splash in the wine, then the chicken broth. Cook until the liquid reduces a bit, about 3 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer 1 minute.
- 4Stir in the peas and let them heat up in the sauce.
- 5Stir in the ham, pesto and parmesan and let them heat a bit. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Drain the ravioli, add to the skillet and toss. Serve with more parmesan.